Saturday, April 10, 2010

Embracing My Limitations--30 Day Blog Challenge

I'm committed to furthering the field of philanthropy, embracing technology and social media to bring about a good result. There are many times when I feel hemmed in by my own technological weaknesses, lack of knowledge or time to learn about new programs and ways to do things. I've had this blog for several weeks now, and I've used it successfully to announce upcoming events for the Conversations with Experts webinars. Frankly, I haven't used it for much else, because I'm not sure exactly what that looks like. One of my twitter friends is starting a 30 day blog challenge today, and I have decided to participate. The goal is to blog challenge is to successfully blog for 30 days in a row.

I liken this blogging process to the cultivation of a garden....which I'm also doing right now. I'm digging up and tilling the soil, planting seeds and watering....the perfect metaphor for this blog challenge. I talk a lot about cultivation of relationships in order to do good fundraising, and raise a happy, successful nonprofit organization. So now I need to do more than just talk...I need to put my fingers to the laptop and type....we will see what happens.

2 comments:

Vernon said...

You go for it Carrie. I've been blogging for a few months now but I've never done 30 days in a row. Lets go where we've never gone before.

See you at the finish line.
http://www.twitter.com/TheHighRoad

Marylou said...

Nice Carrie! Very inspiring!

Post a Comment