Monday, April 12, 2010

Why Passion Matters!

This is day 3 of a 30 day blog challenge, and now the work really begins....and my fingers start cramping, along with my brain. What to say, what to say, is anything really relevant, and truly that important? I started reading other blog challenge participants blogs, for inspiration and motivation, and it has helped me immensely.

What is glaringly evident.....excited and passionate people have exciting and passionate blogs! Positive, enthusiastic and happy to be here are descriptors I would use to promote the blogs.

In a world filled with text competing for our attention, what draws us to certain people and their message? I think that people's passion, excitement and enthusiasm shines through and makes me want to follow, read and engage with them.

This adage is the same for donors and the world of philanthropy and fund-raising. Donors want to be engaged with organizations that are passionate about what they do, have excitement about their cause and use this energy to motivate not only those that they serve but also their donors and other stakeholders.

So often I hear people saying "I've got to raise money, or fundraise for my organization" in the same tone that they say "I've got to go to the dentist for a root canal" (apologies to any dentists reading this post!) Who wants to give money to anyone not excited about what they do? No one that I know. Passion, excitement and enthusiasm matter as much as the written words and content, and they do shine through your written work.

So all you overworked nonprofit directors, take a well needed energy break and re-find your passion for your work. I know it is in you somewhere...I promise it will make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment